Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Research Obsessed Moms

potty with toys in it
Looks like I picked a great potty - for balls.
I don't know about you, but ever since I became a mom I am obsessed with online research. This pertains to anything and everything. Toys, food, baby furniture... you name it and I research it. Today I even researched a potty for fucks sake. I researched a piece of plastic for my son to pee into. I may have a problem.

I think it all started when I was pregnant and clueless about baby gear. I was not one of those moms who bought everything in advance. I didn't even make my son's room look good. I waited and waited for all of those nesting feelings to kick in, and they never did. So about a month out from my due date I finally figured it was time to buy a car seat and stroller. That's when the researching madness began.

Who knew there were so many factors to consider when buying a stroller? How many wheels do you want, what is the capacity of the basket, does it convert for a bucket seat and a toddler seat, does it include a bassinet... holy moly it was overwhelming. I actually realized in these moments that I had no clue what I was doing. And if I didn't have a clue about a stroller, I was probably clueless in general.



new stroller
The source of the madness
Before I buy any product now, I look for reviews. What do other moms think about this? How well made is it? How healthy is it? All of this is much more important to me than it used to be. I guess this could be because I don't want to waste my money on something that isn't going to work. Or it could be because I really don't know anything about kid stuff that I haven't yet had a reason to use.

But I think it also comes from really valuing other mom's opinions.

I am now pretty much an expert on anything meant for a kid 16 months old or younger. And I realize that moms who have older kids are going to have done all the trial and error for me already. Why not use that resource? So thanks moms of older kids. Thank you for being there first, and letting me learn from the good and bad purchases you have made. I promise to pass on my knowledge as I gain it.

If you have any questions about any baby products (16 months or younger because I have no clue past that) please feel free to email me or message me on Facebook anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment